5th Sunday of Easter
- At all Masses this Sunday a special collection will take place to help defray the costs of hosting the International Eucharistic Congress in Dublin next month.
- A booklet giving the programme for the Eucharistic Congress and all the essential details is available at the Church doors. Please take one for your home.
- A bus service for each day of the Eucharistic Congress is being organised from June 11th to June 16th 2012. Coach fare and ticket to get in to the Congress for the day will be €35 for an individual and €100 for a family ticket for 2 adults and 4 children. Bus departs from Galway Cathedral at 6.30am and departs from the RDS in the evening at 9.00pm. Tickets available from Galway Diocesan Pastoral Centre. For details, telephone (091) 565066.
- Weekday Masses this week will be on Monday and Friday only at 10am. So, please note, no Mass on the mornings of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament continues as usual from 8pm until 10pm every evening of the week.
- Thank you for your contributions to the collection last week for the formation of the clerical students for the diocese. The total contributed was €800.
- The Easter offerings which fund the salaries of the priests of the parish (a fixed amount) continue to be taken up during the month of May. Extra envelopes are available at the Church doors.
- The Galway Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes takes place from July 1st to 6th 2012, led by Bishop Martin Drennan and organised by Canon Martin Moran. For information, see previous post by clicking here.
- The Galway Diocesan Pilgrimage to Knock will take place on Sunday, May 27th 2012. The Sacrament of the Sick will be celebrated at 2.30pm and Mass will be at 3pm followed by Rosary procession.
- The Galway Gospel Choir and Alma College Choir, Michigan, USA will sing here at Sacred Heart Church on Monday evening, May 7th 2012 at 8pm. Admission free. All welcome.