18 April 2009

Divine Mercy Message, Second Sunday of Easter, Divine Mercy Sunday.

The Divine Mercy is a message that Jesus entrusted to a Polish nun from the Congregation of Our Lady of Mercy, now known as Saint Faustina, she had complete trust in God in her young life and therefore was chosen to proclaim His message of Divine Mercy to the whole world.
Her mission was to reiterate the message of Jesus’ death on the cross, that His passion and death was to beg mercy from the Father for the world, immortalized with His heartfelt appeal to the Father “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”


The moment when He expired on the cross was the moment when Mercy triumphed over Justice and He gained a second chance or redemption for the whole world.
The Divine Mercy message is to remind us of that forgotten truth of our faith which is God's merciful love for every person. In the message, The Merciful God reveals Jesus Christ the Saviour, as the Father of love and Divine Mercy.
Jesus said to Saint Faustina:
"You will be the secretary of My Mercy, both in this life and the next.."
(Diary, 1605).
"Your task is to write down everything that I make known to you about My mercy, for the benefit of those who by reading these things will be comforted in their souls and will have the courage to approach Me"
(Diary, 1693).

"I desire that the whole world know My infinite mercy" (Diary, 687).
"Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart (...) before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy" (Diary, 1588).
The Saviour desires, that the Divine Mercy message and His promises will be known by the whole world. His promises will be fulfilled under the conditions outlined in the Diary of Faustina, by our trust in God's love and mercy, which should inspire and our love and mercy towards our neighbor.
"I have opened My Heart as a living fountain of mercy. Let all souls draw life from it. Let them approach this sea of mercy with great trust. Sinners will attain justification, and the just will be strengthened in goodness"
(Diary, 1520).
"Both the sinner and the righteous person have need of My mercy. Conversion, as well as perseverance, is a grace of My mercy" (Diary, 1577).
"The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is - trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive"
(Diary, 1578).
SPREADING DEVOTION TO THE DIVINE MERCY
"...do whatever is within your power to spread devotion to My mercy.
I will make up for what you lack Tell aching mankind to embrace My
merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace (...) When a soul approaches
Me with trust, I fill it with such an abundance of graces that it cannot
contain them within itself, but radiates them to other souls. Souls who
spread the honor of My mercy I shield throughout their entire lives as
a tender mother shields her infant..." (Diary, 1074-75).
"To priests who proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power
I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they
speak" (Diary, 1521).







© Copyright Divine Mercy Publications 2003 www.divinemercy.org