13 July 2012

Change of Curate and Blog Editor

Fr Hugh Clifford
I (Fr Hugh), have come to the end of my time as Curate here in Sacred Heart Parish, because I have been appointed Director of Formation at the Irish College in Rome. I reiterate my thanks, as expressed in more detail in Church on my final Sunday here recently, to Monsignor Malachy Hallinan and all the parishioners here for such a wonderful year and for all the faith experiences I have had in the parish. Please pray for me in my new task and pray for the students for the priesthood and those discerning a call to priesthood.

Fr Kevin Keenan SVD
The new Curate is Fr Kevin Keenan, a Divine Word Missionary (SVD) priest. Before moving to Sacred Heart Parish, he has been Assistant Priest in Knocknacarra and he has been Chaplain to the Brazilian community in Gort. He will continue to be involved with the Brazilian community.
Of course, this means that Fr Kevin will also be taking over this blog as its new editor. Thanks to parish secretary Bernie Scally who inputs the Mass intentions for the week ahead each Friday.
I wish Fr Kevin every blessing and happiness in his new ministry.