11 September 2009

Kids Corner, September 13th and 20th.

September 13th, 24th Sunday, Mark 8:27-35 • Sick in Hospital
Cian: Hi there Bella, my granny is really sick in hospital. Bella: Really Cian, that’s sad. Here’s hoping she gets better real soon. Cian: Yeah, she’s a cool granny, always full of fun and always full of prayers too! Bella: When we were reading Sunday’s Gospel our teacher told us that suffering is part of who we are as Christians. The Gospel is about Jesus’ suffering as the Son of God. Cian: I hope Granny gets well soon because she is a huge Christian! Bella: She will and I bet she knows that suffering is part of our lives as followers of Jesus and that God is really close to her all the time.
If you know someone who is not well, take the time to say a prayer for them today.

September 20th, 25th Sunday, Mark 9:30-37 • Who is the Greatest?
Bella: Hey Cian, what are you doing today? Cian: Practising for the match against St Michaels. Bella: Which team is the best? Yours or theirs? Cian: I won’t even answer that Bella, we will come first in the league. Bella: We studied the Gospel in school today and actually the first will be last and the last will be first. Cian: Hel - lo? Bella: Yes! Jesus explained that being the best and the greatest is not always the way to see life, serving others and working for others makes you the best and the first in God’s eyes. Cian: Ok I see what you mean and I do my best for all my family and friends as often as I can. Even on my team I work hard to help everyone have a great and enjoyable game. Bella: I know you do Cian! Jesus explained that being the greatest is not always the way to see life, but being the greatest helper actually is; that means we are taking our Christianity seriously and really trying hard to be followers of Jesus.
How will you be the greatest helper today?

Orla Walsh •Email walsh_orla@eircom.net