7 August 2009

Kids Corner, August 9th.

Click to zoom and print.
Crossword Copyright:
www.sermons4kids.com


John 6:41-51 • I am the Bread of Life
Cian: Hi there Bella, thanks for talking about the Gospel last Sunday! We won the match and had a really great game.
Bella: That’s great Cian. Yeah, I explained last Sunday’s Gospel but I’m not sure about this Sunday’s Gospel?
Cian: Oh we learned about it in school today, it’s a really special Gospel.
Bella: All Gospels are special Cian! But I know what you mean.
Cian: Well it is in this Gospel that Jesus tells us that he is the bread of life. When Jesus says this he means that it is he and our relationship with him that strengthens and nourishes us for life. When we are hungry for food at lunchtime we eat bread to make us fit and healthy. When we are hungry for information on how to live a really good life we can spend time talking to Jesus and asking Jesus to help us to be the best people we can be. This is how Jesus feeds us with the bread of life. That’s why I think this is a really special Gospel Bella.
Bella: Wow! I think you are right Cian, when you explain it like that we are really blessed to have Jesus in our lives to learn from his words in the Gospels and to feel the power of him as the ‘bread’ to make us strong in our lives.
Cian: Sure thing Bella, I always ask Jesus to be with me and to help me sort out my problems, he always listens to me!
Bella: He sure does, he gave you me as a friend didn’t he!!!!! Ha ha!
Spend some time today thanking Jesus for being the Bread of Life for us.