21 August 2009

Kids Corner, August 23rd.

'Put on the armour of God' Ephesians 6:11. Image Copyright: www.sermons4kids.com

John 6:60-69 • Let go, Let God! Cian and Bella.


Cian: Hi Bella, Guess what I did in swimming today?
Bella: Hey Cian, I don’t know, did you catch an octopus or get stung by a jellyfish?!!!
Cian: No silly, I finally dived into the deep end! I was really nervous and for the last two sessions had not done it, but today I did it and I am really proud of myself!
Bella: Hey, that is so cool! What gave you that final bit of courage?
Cian: Well actually, Jesus did!! We had read the Gospel for Sunday and it was about Jesus and his closest friends. Some of them said that they were beginning to doubt him. Jesus told them that they needed to trust and really believe in him, to listen to what he was teaching them and their lives would be totally changed for the better. But this was often difficult for the disciples because they were just like us, and sometimes we also find it really difficult to stop worrying and panicking about things. Jesus was saying ‘let go, let God!’ to the disciples and so I thought about this at swimming and decided to really trust in God and believe that I would be fine. I stopped worrying and took deep breaths and down I went into the perfect dive!
How can you ‘let go, let God’ today?

Copyright: www.veritas.ie